It has been 6 months in India since March 2020 & everything went upside down due to COVID 19. The travel sector has been the worst hit during this time period. Right from airlines to niche sector like ours has been hit quite hard. There were phases when we opened temporarily with all COVID Safety Guidelines but alas the relief was only for a moderate time period at least in Bangalore. The cases started rising again and we had to shut down our operations.
In the past few weeks, many places have opened up for outdoor experiences in Karnataka & Tamil Nadu. Get Beyond Limits has decided that we will be organizing only 'personalized outdoor experiences' for you, your family and friends. This means that throughout the outdoor experience you will be with your circle of people. This will minimize the COVID risk factor. There is no rush from our side to organize public events (fixed departures). When we are 100% sure about your safety we will start getting back to fixed departure as well.
We are also trying to make sure that your circle of people gets a separate toilet and bathroom during the experience. Also, a separate place for food. All this is done to minimize the contact with the rest of the world.
It is quite a tricky situation. In Pre COVID times, meeting new people was a thing during trekking and camping. Now it may have taken a back step. But whatever it is, we are there for you and will also try our best to make sure the outdoor experiences are safe.
We must not forget that nature therapy is important for all human beings. A short hike can be so enlightening experience for many of us after such a long being home break. Sunlight and sound of the forest can be healing in its own miraculous ways.
There are a few guidelines that as trekkers/nature lovers or outdoor enthusiasts you will be following:
- Don't share your food or water bottle with anyone to avoid the risk of spreading COVID.
- It is a good practice to wear a face mask.
- No spitting or gargling anywhere on the trek.
- Maintaining at least a distance of 6 feet between each other and the guide or the concerned person is a must.
- If any trekker is feeling ill or showing symptoms like cold, cough, fever, etc) before or during the trek, it is better to not do the trek and remain distant from others. It is for the safety of everyone.
- Always hand sanitizer to your list of things and use it whenever required.
We will be updating the treks which are opening up on this page:
- Kodachadri Trek: https://www.getbeyondlimits.com/treks/kodachadri
- Chikmagalur Camping: https://www.getbeyondlimits.com/camping/chikmagalurCamping
- Skandagiri Night Trek: https://www.getbeyondlimits.com/treks/skandagiriTrekCamping
- Kunti Betta Day Trek: https://www.getbeyondlimits.com/treks/kuntibetta
- Phunsukh Wangdu Isolated (Farm) Camping: https://www.getbeyondlimits.com/camping/isolated
Keep checking the page for more updates on places which are opening up.